Using Loansome Doc
Loansome Doc is an online document ordering system provided through PubMed. With Loansome Doc you can place an order for articles that are not owned through USUHS subscriptions.
The Loansome Doc account is free and simple to set-up. Click here to Register, and begin ordering articles through Loansome Doc.
To Order Articles:
- Conduct your Search for articles in PubMed:
- Once you've located your article, check the LRC Public Catalog to see if we own the journal:
- If USUHS does not own the journal you can proceed with ordering the article through Loansome Doc.
- The Loansome Doc login and registration screen will appear. (If you have an existing account you can login here and continue the ordering process. If you do not have an account, click Sign Up! to register, and continue ordering.)
- The article(s) you wish to order will appear on your order screen. Click Proceed to Delivery Options to complete your order.
- Review your preset delivery options and change if needed. Check the box confirming you have read the Copyright Compliance information.
- Click the Send Order button to send your order to the system.
Check the Order Status of Your Loansome Doc Request:
View the status of your order(s):
The possible statuses for Loansome Doc articles are:
- Filled - Request was filled on the date shown.
- Pending; Not viewed by library - Request has been sent to your ordering library, but not yet acted upon.
- Pending; Received by library - Request has been viewed by your ordering library. Request is in process.
- Pending; Sent to another library - Request could not be filled by your ordering library. Your library has requested the item via interlibrary loan.
- Could not be filled - Your request was not filled. No further action will be taken by the library.
- Could not be filled; Request Expired – Your request could not be filled before the need by date specified by you. No further action will be taken by the library.
For further information, contact the Reference Librarian. Last Updated:4/10/07