Read the accompanying guidelines carefully, then: submit/edit your abstract.
Closing date for morning oral/workshop abstract submissions is Friday, April 6, 2018 at 11:55 PM .
Closing date for Innovation in Education Award abstract submissions is Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 11:55 PM .
USU has many, many highly accomplished educators. The Faculty Senate Education Committee will look beyond the basic qualities of a good educator, to recognize those teachers who have a great impact on the education of our students through the use of innovative materials and/or methods. This year, educators may submit a single abstract to be considered either for a general oral presentation/workshop, a more abbreviated presentation to compete for the Innovation in Education Award or BOTH! Please indicate to the committee the presentations for which you wish to be considered on the submission form.
More on the Innovation in Education Awards
The top six finalists whose abstracts are pre-selected by the Education Day planning committee will make 10 minute presentations of their Innovative Teaching Method Abstract to all Education Day participants.
There will be two awards presented this year:
Judge's Selection: The top abstract as selected by a panel of judges consisting of previous Innovation in Education winners, invited speakers, and Faculty Senate Education Committee members.
Popular Selection: The top abstract selected by all attendees at this year's Education Day. This will be accomplished using Poll Everywhere (https://www.polleverywhere.com/). Please bring a wi-fi enabled smartphone, tablet, or laptop to participate in the voting.
Please Note: These are not lifetime achievement awards for outstanding teaching; instead, these awards are meant to honor USU educators for their development of innovative teaching method(s) or their innovative use of existing teaching method(s).
Requirements and Procedures:
1. Any USU faculty member may submit a brief abstract of approximately 500 words for consideration as morning oral/workshop presentation or an Innovation in Education Award. Members of the Senate Education Committee are eligible to submit an abstract but will then be recused from the selection process.
2. We recommend that you use plain text on the submission form.
3. To be considered for a morning oral/workshop presentation, your abstract must be submitted by Friday, April 6, 2018 before 11:55 PM. To be considered for an opportunity to compete for an Innovation in Education Award, your abstract must be submitted by Tuesday, May 1, 2018.
4. As you write your abstract for either a general presentation and/or an Innovation award, please keep in mind that the selection committee will be evaluating your abstract with these criteria in mind:
5. Using the aforementioned criteria for evaluation, the Faculty Senate Education committee will select candidates to present in general morning sessions. In the case of the Innovation awards, the committee will narrow the submission pool to six finalists.
6. During the Education Day program, selected morning speakers will present approximately 1 hour programs – in some cases, repeated. The six Innovation in Education finalists will give 10 minute presentations of their projects to all Education Day participants, followed by 5 minutes to field questions from the audience. The Judge's and Popular selection winners will receive an educational grant award.
This web site was created and is hosted by the USU James A. Zimble Learning Resource Center
For Web Site questions, problems, or comments, please contact Web Master at: email@example.com